Today 1/2 BE pretended to be Willy Wonka and created our own chocolate. We called it 1/2 BE Wonka Chocolate. These are the steps we followed:
- First carefully melt the chocolate.
- Next gently add marshmallows and MnMs.
- Then carefully mix it together.
- After that cautiously scoop the mixture into the tray.
- Finally gently place the tray in the fridge.
I hope you find a golden ticket in our bars!!!!!
Today 1/2 BE had a visit from StartSmart who taught us to be superheroes with our money.
She taught about coins and the animals that are on the coins. We also learnt about the notes.
She taught us about keeping money safe and saving our money. We learnt to:
Speed for our needs and wait for our wants!
What was your favourite part of the incursion?
Mrs Sargood Incursion
On Friday the 11th of August 1/2 BE had a special visit from Mrs Sargood. She visited us because we are learning about what life was like in the past.
First we walked quietly to the Italian Room. Mrs Sargood rang the bell and we had to line up like ladies and gentleman. We had to greet Mrs Sargood standing up.
Next Mrs Sargood showed us pictures of her 11 children. She also showed us her special desk. Mrs Sargood let us see her cane that was used to punish the naughty children.
After that we used special ink pens to write. We had to be very careful when using the ink pens.
Finally we said goodbye to Mrs Sargood. My favourite part of the incursion was using the ink pens.
- Popping Kernels
- Popcorn Maker
- Paper Bag
When the corn kernels (solid) are heated they will pop and make popcorn.
- First plug the popcorn maker in.
- Next place half a cup of popping kernels in the popcorn maker.
- Then turn the popcorn maker on and watch the kernels get hot.
- Finally enjoy your delicious popcorn!
When the popping kernels (solid) got hot, it changed into popcorn, which is filled with air (gas).