Blogging Guidelines

Student blogging guidelines

When you press PUBLISH, what you have written is instantly visible all around the world. Make sure you think carefully about what you write in blogs and in comments and always follow these rules.

BE SAFE:

Only use your first name.

Your Posts must not include yours or  anyone’s personal details such as  address, email address or phone numbers.

When writing about yourself don’t be specific. eg. Say: “I go to a local dance group ” rather than “I go to  Mary’s Dance Studio”

You must have your teacher’s permission to post a photo.

BE RESPECTFUL

Always keep other people’s feelings in mind.

When commenting on what others have written show them that you have read it rather than just saying “great job”.

Be open to other people’s opinions, but be prepared to discuss your own position if you don’t agree.

BE LITERATE

You are broadcasting yourself to the world. Present yourself in the best possible light.

Use good grammar, spelling and punctuation.

Save abbreviations and shortcuts for MSN and texting.

COPYRIGHT

Remember you cannot use anything from the Internet and call it your own. Make sure you only use copyright free images, songs and text.

PARENTS

Parents who leave comments are asked to use their first names only.

TEACHERS

Posts written by students will be checked by the teacher before they are published to the blog.

Teachers must always have students approval  before posting their work or images

70 thoughts on “Blogging Guidelines

1. Dear Miss Beadle,

I hope you had fun over the holidays because I did my favourite thing I did over the holidays was I visited my brother in the hospital. What was your favourite thing you did during the holidays?

From Vy

2. Hi Miss Beadle,
    The paper mache was super fun with all my friends. thank you Miss Beadlefor letting us do the paper mache!

From:Steven

3. Hello 1/2 BE,
    Thank you for letting us make a parachute even though I wasn’t there,
    and I learnt a lot about gravity and motion.

From: Steven